Maris Piper Twisted Potato Skewers
Serves: 2 | Prep Time: 10 mins | Cooking Time: 35 mins
- 2 medium Maris Piper potatoes
- 1 tbs olive oil
- sea salt flakes & black pepper
- 1 tbs powdered parmesan cheese*
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 200°C Fan Forced. Place a baking tray lined with baking paper onto the centre shelf.
- Slide a metal skewer through the centre of each potato going end to end from the longest points.
- Carefully use a sharp knife to cut through the potato right down to the skewer while slowly turning the potato so that you create a spiral cutting effect. Try not to cut a slice but keep moving the knife out gradually as you go.
- Repeat with the second potato.
- Spread the potato out along the skewer to separate the spiral effect slightly.
- Use a pastry brush to brush the potatoes both inside and outside with olive oil. Sprinkle generously with sea salt and pepper and place onto the baking tray in the oven. Cook for 20 minutes then turn potatoes over using tongs and cook for another 10 minutes or until tender on the inside and browned on the outside.
- Meanwhile on a flat plate combine the parmesan, thyme and garlic powder.
- After 30 minutes remove the potatoes and turn to coat in the parmesan mixture. Return to the oven for 5 more minutes or until coating is golden brown – don’t let it burn.
- Remove and cool for 5 minutes before serving with some sour cream or aioli.
* Powdered parmesan cheese is very finely processed so it will stick easily. You can find some varieties in the fridge section of the supermarket with the cheeses and some on the supermarket shelves, usually near the pasta sauces.
* Try different herb & spice mixes like smoked paprika and dried oregano OR chill powder and lemon myrtle instead of the garlic and thyme.
* Recipe can be multiplied to make more skewers as desired.
|Address:||63 Nar Nar Goon Rd.
Nar Nar Goon Vic. 3812
|Phone:||(03) 5942 5205|
|Fax:||(03) 5942 5448|