Spiced Sweet Potato Hommus
Serves: 6-8 as a dip Prep Time: 10 mins Cooking Time: approx. 15 mins
- 3 baby sweet potatoes (approx. 500g)
- 3 whole garlic cloves
- 1 tbs each of ground cumin and ground coriander
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 400g can chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- ¼ bunch fresh coriander leaves (roughly chopped)
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon (zested and juiced)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C (fan forced).
- Peel and chop the sweet potatoes into 2cm thick rounds. Toss with olive oil, spices and season well with salt and black pepper.
- Place onto a baking tray lined with baking paper and place in the oven for 15 minutes or until slightly golden brown and very tender.
- Add the sweet potato, chickpeas, lemon zest and juice and extra virgin olive oil to a food processor and process until almost smooth.*
- Check for seasoning and add a little more salt, pepper or lemon juice if needed. Stir through coriander leaves to serve.
∗ If the consistency is too thick gradually add some more extra virgin olive oil and/or lemon juice to taste until the consistency is as you like it. Texture is also a personal thing – you can make this dip chunky or smooth in texture depending on your preference.
∗ Dip will store well in the fridge in an airtight container for at least 3 days and makes a great lunchbox snack with chopped veggies, pitta bread or crackers.
|Address:||63 Nar Nar Goon Rd.
Nar Nar Goon Vic. 3812
|Phone:||(03) 5942 5205|
|Fax:||(03) 5942 5448|