Warm Potato Pan Salad
Serves 4 as a side
- 1kg Crème Royale potatoes (peeled & cut into quarters or eighths depending on size)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tbs chopped fresh chives
- 1 tbs freshly chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 red onion (sliced into thin half moon slices)
- 1 tbs wholegrain mustard
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbs lemon juice
- Place potatoes into a saucepan and just cover with cold water. Add a good pinch of salt. Bring to the boil and then turn down to medium and allow to simmer for 10-12 minutes or until just tender when pierced with a knife. Drain and set aside.
- In a small jug or bowl extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, mustard and S&P.
- Heat a medium non-stick frying pan over medium heat for a couple of minutes. Add 1 tbs of the olive oil. Add the onion and cook, stirring regularly until just softened. Add the potatoes and garlic. Toss gently to combine and coat in the oil.
- The ingredients are just being softened and cooked not browned.
- Pour over the dressing and add the herbs. Gently toss or mix to combine. Add the spinach and toss it through until is just starts to wilt. Serve immediately.
- Tip: *to make into a complete one pan meal add some sliced chorizo or chopped pancetta with the onion or stir through some drained canned tuna at the end before serving.
*great served alongside grilled meats like beef, lamb, chicken or even sausages.
|Address:||63 Nar Nar Goon Rd.
Nar Nar Goon Vic. 3812
|Phone:||(03) 5942 5205|
|Fax:||(03) 5942 5448|