Creamy Potato, Leek & Fennel Soup
Serves 4-6 Prep Time: 10 mins Cooking Time: 35 mins
1kg brushed potatoes
3 tbs olive oil
1 fennel bulb (finely sliced)
2 small leeks (finely sliced)
1 tsp nutmeg
2 tsp dried thyme
2 cloves garlic (crushed)
1 L vegetable stock
2 cups water
1 tsp Dijon mustard
300ml thickened cream
1. Peel the potatoes, rinse them and roughly cut into 2-3cm chunks.
2. Place a large deep pot over medium heat. Add the butter and olive oil.
3. When butter is melted add the fennel and leek and season well with S&P. Cook, stirring regularly, for around 5 minutes or until very soft.
4. Add the potatoes and stir to combine. Add the nutmeg, thyme and garlic. Stir to combine and cook for a few minutes.
5. Pour in the stock and the water. Bring to the boil then reduce the heat and let it bubble gently for around 20 minutes or until potatoes are very tender.
6. Stir in the mustard then remove from the heat and set aside for 10 minutes. Taste for seasoning and add some S&P if needed.
7. Use a blender with jug or a stick blender to blend until very smooth. Stir through the cream.
8. Heat over medium heat, stirring regularly, until hot enough to serve.
*Soup can be frozen in individual serves in plastic containers if desired. Thaw and then heat to serve.
© 2023 Red Gem Growers & Packers
Creative & Web by Design With Zach
|Address:||63 Nar Nar Goon Rd.
Nar Nar Goon Vic. 3812
|Phone:||(03) 5942 5205|
|Fax:||(03) 5942 5448|