Mozart Patatas Bravas (or Spanish Potatoes)
Serves: 4-6 | Prep Time: 10 mins | Cooking Time: 35 mins
- 1kg Mozart potatoes
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 tsp sea salt flakes
- ½ chorizo (sliced into half moons around ½ cm thick)
- 400g diced tomatoes
- 2 whole roasted red capsicum (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- ½ red onion (finely diced)
- ½ tsp caster sugar
- 1 tbs dried oregano
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- Aioli – ¼ cup whole egg mayonnaise, juice from 1 lemon
- freshly chopped coriander or Italian parsley leaves to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C Fan Forced.
- Peel and chop the potatoes into 3 cm chunks. Place onto a baking tray lined with baking paper. Toss with the 1 tsp of the olive oil and 1tsp of the sea salt. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until tender and golden brown.
- Meanwhile, heat a large frying pan over medium heat. When hot, add the chorizo. Cook stirring occasionally until some sides are nicely browned.
- If the pan is dry add the remaining olive oil* with the capsicum, onion and garlic. Cook stirring continuously until onion is softened (around 4 minutes). Add the paprika and stir for 20 seconds.
- Add the tomatoes, remaining 1 tsp sea salt flakes, sugar and oregano. Bring to a bubbling simmer, then reduce the heat and allow to gently bubble and thicken for 5-10 minutes then turn off the heat and set aside.
- Remove the potatoes and toss gently in the tomato sauce. Place into a serving dish.
- Combine the lemon juice and mayonnaise and serve drizzled over the potatoes. Then sprinkle with freshly chopped herbs and enjoy.
* If the chorizo has released enough of it beautifully, flavoured oils you may not need to add extra oil here.
* These are lovely as part of a tapas style menu with some crusty bread, olives, Spanish parma ham, cheese and whatever else takes you fancy.
© 2023 Red Gem Growers & Packers
Creative & Web by Design With Zach
|Address:||63 Nar Nar Goon Rd.
Nar Nar Goon Vic. 3812
|Phone:||(03) 5942 5205|
|Fax:||(03) 5942 5448|