Tuscan Onion Bruschetta with Proscuitto
- 1 Tuscan Onion (300g) (finely diced)
- 2 ripe tomatoes (on the vine if possible)
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves (roughly torn)
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic (cut in half)
- 4 slices good quality breadstick (sourdough or similar)
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 4 slices prosciutto
- salt & pepper
- Combine tomato, onion, basil, extra virgin olive oil & vinegar in a bowl. Season with salt & pepper and set aside.
- Preheat large fry pan over medium high heat for 2 minutes.
- Brush one side of each piece of bread with some olive oil and rub with half a clove of garlic.
- Place oil side down into the fry pan and press gently.
- Cook for 2 minutes or until golden and crisp. Turn over and cook for 30 seconds. Remove from the pan and place onto serving dish or plates.
- Divide tomato topping between the toasts and top with a slice of prosciutto.
- Serve immediately.
© 2023 Red Gem Growers & Packers
Creative & Web by Design With Zach
|Address:||63 Nar Nar Goon Rd.
Nar Nar Goon Vic. 3812
|Phone:||(03) 5942 5205|
|Fax:||(03) 5942 5448|