Tuscan Onion Jam
- 500g Tuscan Onion (peeled & sliced lengthways then into 1cm half moons)
- 1 tbs olive oil
- ¼ cup raspberry vinegar
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 sprigs thyme
- salt & pepper
- Heat a fry pan over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add oil.
- Add onions and stir gently to coat in oil and begin the cooking.
- Season with salt & pepper, add thyme, vinegar & syrup.
- Allow to cook over medium heat, stirring regularly until onions are very soft and liquid has reduced.
- Remove thyme sprigs and serve immediately or store in the fridge for up to one week.
Tips: *substitute raspberry vinegar for red wine vinegar if preferred *perfect served with bread and cheeses or on grilled meats.
© 2023 Red Gem Growers & Packers
Creative & Web by Design With Zach
|Address:||63 Nar Nar Goon Rd.
Nar Nar Goon Vic. 3812
|Phone:||(03) 5942 5205|
|Fax:||(03) 5942 5448|